Sports Cricket News india
Rohit Sharma equals MS Dhoni record as India whitewash Sri Lanka
India beat Sri Lanka by 5 wickets in the third T20I to seal the three-match series 3-0 in Mumbai.
Chasing a target of 136, India faced some hiccups during the initial part of the chase after losing KL Rahul and captain Rohit Sharma early. But Shreyas Iyer and Manish Pandey held their nerves and stitched a partnership of 42 runs before Iyer was run out at the running end. Akila Dananjaya deflected a straight drive from Pandey to the stumps where Iyer was way out of his crease.
Later, Pandey took on the Sri Lankan attack and continued to score runs. He was out for 32 after Dushmantha Chameera cleaned him up. The onus was now on Dinesh Karthik and MS Dhoni. Dhoni looked a bit out of touch with his stroke-making but Karthik’s composure guided India home. He smashed a massive six off the last delivery of the penultimate over from Nuwan Pradeep to bring the required rate to 3 in the last over. Dhoni easily finished off the proceedings for the home team as India clinched the match by 5 wickets.
A new record for Rohit Sharma as a captain:
Rohit Sharma has become the second Indian captain after MS Dhoni to have whitewashed an opponent in the T20I series. In January 2016, India decimated the Aussies 3-0 in Australia under Dhoni’s captaincy.
Now Rohit ended the already won series against Sri Lanka in Mumbai with a win and equalled Dhoni’s feat.
- PSL Cartoon Part 2 | Pakistan Super League 3 | PSL3 Opening Ceremony
- PSL Cartoon - Pakistan Super League 3 - PSL 3 Funny Ad
- Franchises pick players during PSL3 replacement draft
- Celebrity commentary panel for PSL 3 revealed - PSL Commentators
- PSL 3 tickets are now on sale
- PCB News: Hasan Ali Interview on winning the ICC Emerging Cricketer of the Year Award
- ICC News: Virat Kohli named ICC Cricketer of the Year
- Shahid Afridi Biography and Story