Sports Cricket News general discussion
Hashim Amla and Quinton de Kock create new world records in ODIs
South Africa stormed past Bangladesh to clinch the first ODI in Kimberley with a thumping 10-wicket victory, thanks to centuries from both the openers Quinton de Kock and Hashim Amla.
Opting to bat first, Bangladesh batsmen put their best foot forward, registering their highest score against the Proteas with a score of 278, with Mushfiqur Rahman leading the way with a three-digit figure.
However, the hosts made light work of the chase and chased it down with an unbeaten partnership of 282 between their openers. This saw the South African pair of Amla and De Cock breaking many records on the way.
Records created by Hashim Amla and Quinton de Kock:
1.) De Kock equalled Virat Kohli’s record of 83 innings (joint second-fastest) to reach 13 ODI tons, with teammate Amla leading the charts at 86. Meanwhile, Amla, who notched up his 26th ODI hundred in just his 154th innings, broke the India skipper’s record, who was earlier the fastest to achieve the feat in 166 innings.
2.) Amla and De Kock also overtook the iconic opening pair of Graeme Smith and Herschelle Gibbs, becoming the only South African pair to score the most runs.
3.) South Africa has become the only team to chase the highest target without losing a wicket, beating England openers Alex Hales and Jason Roy’s record of 255 against Sri Lanka in 2016.
- PSL Cartoon Part 2 | Pakistan Super League 3 | PSL3 Opening Ceremony
- PSL Cartoon - Pakistan Super League 3 - PSL 3 Funny Ad
- Franchises pick players during PSL3 replacement draft
- Celebrity commentary panel for PSL 3 revealed - PSL Commentators
- PSL 3 tickets are now on sale
- PCB News: Hasan Ali Interview on winning the ICC Emerging Cricketer of the Year Award
- ICC News: Virat Kohli named ICC Cricketer of the Year
- Shahid Afridi Biography and Story